Thursday, March 16, 2006

B.S.

I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post - where the hell did that 10 days go? Busy as usual - today was a good day, went to court to watch a guy get sentenced for stealing a house. Don't know if anyone saw this story on the news - a guy lives in New York city, his parents live here in Shaker Heights. The parents are in ill health, the son comes in and moves them into assisted living. The father passes away, and the mother gets dementia. They move her to the Alzhemier's section of the home, and then she passes away. The son flies in from NYC with his family to bury his mother, drives by his parents home - and catches a full blown Christmas Party going on there - with people living in his parent's house that he doesn't know! It took years to unravel this all - and when it was all said and done, the house had been trashed, the guy who took over the house had an ESTATE sale and sold all of the parents belongings right out from underneath their son. It was a lot of work, a lot of research, and at least some small bit of satisfaction for me today watching the guy in court, and the judge sentencing him to a prison term of 4years 11 mos. Course, doesn't bring back the son's memories of his childhood years being destroyed or stolen. The jackass guy stands up in court today and says he had a drug problem and that's why he did it - I am so sick over people playing the drug card as an excuse - i mean, just like that Joseph Smith that killed that little girl in Florida - he said, oh I was high and I didn't know what I was doing, and I was depressed because my wife said she was leaving me - So, you go and kill a little girl? I mean, come on! What the fuck is that? Same with this guy - he said, oh my judgment was clouded b/c of the drugs - so clouded he managed to forge all kind of documents, transfer a $300,000 house into his name, put a renter in there, collect HUD money from the gov't, take out a mortgage on the place, hide money, etc. etc. - if that's how smart he is on drugs, I'd hate to see what he could do without them. &#@@*&#$)(@#*!!!!!

1 comment:

Jay said...

It's absolutely true that people do shitty things when they're on drugs.

I think they should still be held accountable. Taking drugs is a choice, and a bad one. It's not an excuse. That's a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and I'm glad he'll be punished.