Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just another day

So, we go to get our Christmas tree last night. My stepkids are with us, we planned this excursion just so that they could be a part of it. I have been working like crazy all week, and this is the only night I have open. We pack them in the car, along with our 2 year old. Everyone is CRABBY. I am pissed myself, as when I got home the house was a disaster, I'm tired from work, It is cold as hell outside and here we go in the family truckster to get a tree and NObody is happy about it. The kids are in the backseat, hitting each other, and just generally annoying each other. My husband is yelling at my stepson b/c progress reports came home and let me tell you - it was not good. I just stared out the window thinking - merry christmas! I had to start laughing, to which everyone in the car looked at me as if I were 1)drunk 2) crazy 3)both .
When we finally got to the HUGE tree farm (which was advertised as the biggest selection in our county) we walked through the small lot of trees and found one. Strapped in on top of the car, to which my husband grimmaced, although I don't know what else we were supposed to do, shove it in the back with the kids? We get the thing home, into the house, put it in the stand, everyone is standing there asking when we are gonna decorate it and... it falls over. We put it back in the stand and... it falls over again. I suppose i should look into an industrial strength tree stand, as it just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with the $40 one we bought last year. Ahhh, the holidays.

No comments: