Saturday, December 17, 2005

Santa

Well, we took Evan to go see Santa yesterday. My dumb ass has been telling him,
"now, you have to tell Santa what you want so he brings it for you"
It never dawned on me to explain how that works. So, we wait in line, he's excited to see him. We are standing there, it's almost our turn. He turns to me and says, "mommy, don't wanna sit on santas wap" I said, ok, well, you have to sit on his lap so they can take your picture. So, we walk up to him, and no, he is not going to sit on some strange guys lap. Santa offers me to sit on his lap. I decline. I sit to the side, placing Evan facing santa so that I can still get a picture, hopefully with me not in it. They get the picture, everything is fine. Until, that is, we get up to leave. Evan says, " i want a thomas train" I tell him, " no, honey, he doesn't give it to you now, he brings it to our house on Christmas" This does not please him. He wants his Thomas train, and he wants it NOW. I pull him away. Justin is standing there waiting to pay for the picture. he asks what's wrong. I explain. In is infinite wisdom, he tells evan, "but you didn't even sit on his lap". Well, now he wants to go back and sit on his lap, if that means he will then get his thomas train. But, there are 100 other kids waiting, and we already had our turn. So, this creates a lousy situation ripe for a tantrum. Which he has one, a great one, I screaming, red-faced, embarass us, kicking and screaming tantrum. I make Justin carry him through the mall. I even slow up a little, let Justin walk ahead. Gauge the people watching a man carrying a screaming 2 year old through the mall. I even smile, as if I were thinking, "oh, that poor man, thank God my kids don't act that way".

1 comment:

mikster said...

lol....good call on the walking behind.