Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A messy day

I am just in a funk this week. Well, really, for a couple of weeks. I keep thinking its the weather, and then it gets nicer out and I still have no energy. Saturday my stepdaughter got a 103 degree fever, and was sick all day sunday as well. I stayed home with her Monday, and by the end of the day she was feeling a little better, and at least, her fever had come down. Monday night I was awoken by my son at 2:30am, who was standing at the end of my bed saying "Mommy? Mommy" when I sat up in bed, I smelled him. There is no doubt when you smell puke that you are smelling puke. I was hoping against hope that is NOT what I was smelling, but alas, after I turned on the light, there was puke, on him, his pj's, etc. Put him into the tub, cleaned him up and put him on the couch with a lot of towels - just in case. Proceeded to clean up the puke filled bed, blankets, etc. Was asked by my husband why I was doing laundry in the middle of the night. Explained the situation. Approx. 10 minutes later was asked again by husband what I was doing and why I wasn't in bed. Again explained situation. Stayed up all night with poor little guy who threw up God only knows how many more times from 2:30 til 7:15 when he finally dozed off. At 5:30 said husband woke up for work and wanted to know why I had not made him coffee since I was up anyway. Aghrrrrr. So, baby falls asleep at 7:15 and had to wake him at 7:45 to take the stepkids to school. Packed with towels, we are on our way. Thought everything was fine until on the way back when I had to pull over the car b/c the poor kid was throwing up again. Finally after I went through all the towels in the linen closet and the ones that I had washed the night before, he fell asleep and when he awoke, thankfully, it was gone. And he wanted chocolate milk. And husband, upon getting home from work and looking at me, asked me two things: why do you look so tired? AND what's for dinner? Pfffft!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Ugh. Sorry you had such an awful day. Obviously the poor kid had a rough time, but so did you. The world doesn't stop for a sick kid. Funny how husband stabbings increase tenfold when kids are sick... :) Hope things are better.