Thursday, April 27, 2006

All kinds of assorted crap

After the puke fest of Evan, I had my own. ONLY, mine started the night before EASTER and proceeded to persist the whole darn day. Easter was mostly ruined, and it was all my fault. Well, all the stomach virus that engulfed me and made me violently ill all day's fault. I had shopped, I had cleaned, I had cooked, I had baked and for what? To have a shitty, puke filled day of blah. I couldn't even get excited for the Easter egg hunt that I had purchased 60+ eggs for. I couldn't hide the eggs, I barely stumbled on the back steps to watch it, as I sat there hugging my knees to my chest because my stomach felt like it was turning inside out. What the hell. Come monday, back to work and I swear it took me all week before I even felt like eating anything other than noodles and broth. So, that was that. I remember getting sick on Christmas, every Christmas, for years when I was little. Driving home on Christmas Eve from grandma's house, trying to sleep after I wretched my guts out at her house, while everyone was hoping I would get better so I could enjoy the things they bought me, or at least be minimally excited by the festivities. I remember walking downstairs in my house the year my mom got me a new bike, looking at it, and going back upstairs to lay down. I do not think it was a coincidence. I think I got overly excited and made myself sick, not on purpose, but because I didn't know any better. I now know better, and still, evil stomach bug - you come creeping around and there I was again.

3 comments:

PinkCat said...

Sorry to read that you haven't been feeling really well. I haven't kept up with anyones blogs lately. Busy, busy, busy... Hopefully now summer is coming round things will slow down.

Take care

Jay said...

Poor kid. That's dumb luck. You should trade it in for some better luck.

Jay said...

Are you feeling any better? Maybe? A little?